Friday, March 27, 2009

Where Did The Week Go??

Good Grief! This week was not as busy as some -- or so says our education center calendar. But goodness, it went fast and I don't remember half of it. ;) I guess I haven't blogged since Tuesday night.

Tuesday's program motivated me to learn/write a new snowshoe program for Fawn and I to use at Longmire, the next time snow and bad weather hinder us from taking our group to Paradise.

I had one lunch meeting with our Division Chief on my own (Monday) and then one with her and Fawn together. If you're ever in the area of Longmire, Park HQ, or Ashford, WA, be sure to try the Copper Creek Inn for lunch or dinner. It was tasty! (Ok, so I had it for dinner tonight too, on my way home from Longmire and work...)

I've started researching my chosen character for the park's living history efforts: Susan Longmire Hall (granddaughter of James Longmire, for those curious types).

--

In other news, I finally convinced Verizon that my air card modem was useless out here - too often, it simply can't pick up their network. So FINALLY, I am out of that contract. It worked great in the city, but out here in the park, it's nothing but a paperweight. So my budget has shrunk by $60 each month. More money for yarn? ;)

I've made progress on the raglan turtleneck sweater of Araucania Multy (spelling?) that I'd wanted to get done before Christmas.... One and a half sleeves to go, and it will be done! Woot! And I've been mulling over ideas for the Lambspun Prism that my wonderful SnB friends sent me this week. I still can't narrow it down to one project... Such problems!

I did a little bit of a snowshoe hike today, in planning for next week's groups. I'll have to review my pictures and post a couple. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment