Thursday, February 18, 2010

Inspiration





He did it again. How cool is that?

Quote of the Day:
"If I have given my all and still do not win, I haven’t lost. Others might remember winning or losing; I remember the journey." -Apolo Anton Ohno

I love inspiring quotes. They make me happy. They give me something to think about and the inspiration to strive.

Sometimes in life, it may seem that what you do is useless, or no one cares, or it (whatever you're working on) will never make the difference you hope to make. Believe me, working in a government office, I understand this mentality! And sometimes it seems that those who strive the hardest are marginalized, because someone else is afraid to be shown up, or is lazy and doesn't want to put in much effort. It could be a lot of things. Several times this past year I've been told such things as "Don't worry about XYZ. It's not your job."

But please. This country needs us. And not just the gold medal winners (although they are mighty fun to watch!). I heard a story on NPR a couple of weeks ago about the 'Moral Underground' - people who things to help their coworkers, neighbors, etc. in times of need, even though these things might be frowned upon by bosses, corporate America and sometimes even popular culture.

If you see something that needs to be done, and YOU are the one who sees this need, do it! Don't wait for someone else to come along. That would mean you're just like everyone else.

"Nothing happens until something moves."

No comments:

Post a Comment