Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Thoughts

I wrote earlier about my 'blankie'. (Hey, I work around kids a lot. They rub off.)

Anyway, I just read this article from the National Parks Traveler website:

Reader Participation Day: If Cost Were No Object, Which National Park Would You Visit?

Notice anything about the answers? Yes indeed, a large portion of the comments include a park in Alaska. Would I be crazy NOT to take a job offer from Katmai?!

I asked for, and got a response about, a typical day's schedule for the rangers up at Brooks Camp. It really wasn't as bad as I expected. I would get more exercise up there than I do here (and thus hopefully lose a bit of weight :) ). But it doesn't sound terrible. Hectic, but not impossible. I feel a bit better about the job now. The remoteness is still a hang-up though.

1 comment:

  1. Jen, you are the one who wants to go to Alaska. You have to take what you can get. I'm sure there must be some kind of mail service, perhaps erratic so you may get care packages from those knitters among your friends. You can always spend time exploring, within the limits of the area.

    ReplyDelete