Monday, May 3, 2010

More Rain and a Blizzard. Is it really May 3?

Yes, I know I'm living and working in the Pacific Northwest.

But seriously.

I think we've had *maybe* 3 hours of sunny skies in the past two-three weeks. I awoke this morning to yet another gulley-washer. My skin is beginning to mildew.

For a wildflower enthusiast who loves to hike in the mountains, this weather is impossible and rather maddening. I should be out exploring the park. I should be noting which plants are up, which are blooming, how the Rubus sp. and Vaccinium sp. are leafing out and setting flowers. Instead, I'm indoors, being lazy and staring at a computer.

I'm trying to find the good in this, but seriously (yes Bill, there's THAT word!), I WANT SOME SUN!!!!!!!


I did have a productive weekend. I nearly finished the blue cable-knit hoodie that I've been working on since last fall. I just need to seam up the underarms and weave in a few stray ends and it will be wearable.


I've made progress on the red/purple sweater I started during the Olympics in February. Of course, I didn't like the way that project was originally going, so after the Olympics, I ripped out the whole thing and started over. "Progress" here is relative.


And I watched the entire eighth (last) season of Monk. It ended well, and I did shed a tear or two. And then I watched a few episodes of the old standby - Northern Exposure. I love that show!

One thing about I've noticed about seasonal park rangers - they all come with many DVDs. You'd think we all live in the middle of nowhere, without cable/satellite TV and/or internet connectivity. I bet I could easily find 300+ movies and TV show episodes (without duplication) amongst the transient rangers here at Rainier.

---

Wait! I must go. The sun is trying to break through the clouds. I'm going to go outside and stand in the field for a minute, all the while praying for a sunburn.

No comments:

Post a Comment