Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Let It Snow!

Right now, there is a pumpkin roasting in the oven in the kitchen. I love pumpkin; I actually have 2 more waiting to be roasted. And a butternut squash in line after those.

Winter has started to show its face here at Denali. We have about 1.5" of snow right now. Such a small amount of snow? Well, we're not into the heart of winter yet - and the interior portions of Alaska are generally affected by a rain shadow caused by the Alaska mountain range (home to Denali, The High One).

This means we have a beautiful layer of white finally covering the landscape.



Tonight, while the St. Louis Cardinals won Game 1 of the World Series (much to my delight), my mind was on wool yarn, pumpkins, cranberries and hot cocoa. Sometimes I get cold, but really, I love winter and so many things that I associate with winter.

I'm also eager to break in the snowshoe trails here in Denali's front country. Let it snow!

(And also let the CARDS crush Texas in the World Series!)

1 comment:

  1. Jen, the snow looks beautiful! I can't wait for the cooler air and SNOW to head my way. Are you staying in Alaska this winter?

    ReplyDelete