Sunday, January 9, 2011

Not really a Ranger post...

On New Year's Eve, a cousin (over the phone) asked me what there is to do up here in Denali in my spare time.

I resisted the urge to laugh.

(Yesterday, I took Sylvie, the littlest pup in the park kennels for a walk for an hour. Isn't she adorable???)

Suffice it to say, there is WAY more to do in my spare time than I'll ever have time for. If you know me - or really, any knitter - you'll realize that we have a stash, a list of on-going projects, and more ideas stored away for that proverbial 'rainy day' (or day with temperatures below -20F here).

Simply put, I don't know where to begin.

I am overwhelmed.

Which is why I went to the kennels yesterday, on my day off, to walk a dog. Or a pup. Or anything that would get me away from the chaos of ideas and projects at home. Sylvie was a fun distraction for an hour or so. This was one of her first leash walks. She's only about 4 months old. Later this winter, she'll be harnessed up to run loose alongside the team (as the older pups - 7 months old are doing now). She was a bit nervous as we left the yard. She kept turning back whenever she heard the other dogs barking. Then she would look at me, clearly saying, "Are you sure about this?" But we just did a little loop along a maintained trail and the park road. She did great.

(You're noticing by now that even my writing will be distracted from the necessary topic at hand.)


Anyway, here's a sampling of what I'm either in the middle of or have lined up for the next month or two:

1) Finishing the Totem socks - about 60% done with that project;

2) Two pairs of flannel pajama pants - not started, had to get the holiday baking done before using my counter for something that should NOT be mixed into flour and butter;

3) Writing patterns for a couple recent projects - more explanations to come later;

4) Another batch of either bagels or English muffins - yes, my mind is also on food, never mind the resolutions;

5) Another batch of homemade chocolate-hazelnut spread (think Nutella) - the first batch went way too quickly ;) ;

6) A new sweater and accessories for my impending trip to STL in September for my younger brother's wedding - I have the yarn and a few ideas, I just need to settle on a few patterns.

---

So. Do you have anything to keep you occupied in your spare time?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment