Saturday, April 10, 2010

The Absent Ranger

Where have I been lately? What have I been up to?

No where. and Not much.

It's been a very slow couple of weeks out here. Lots of house-sitting and doggie time, which always brings a smile to my face.

Then our new program intern arrived last weekend. I spent a bit of time this week getting her acquainted with Mount Rainier park operations and personnel. Sadly, we've been in the throes of a late-winter storm, so Emily hasn't even SEEN Mount Rainier, THE mountain. She claims that she'll believe it exists when she sees empirical evidence.

I'm happy that Emily has a great sense of humor. This is an asset in our line of work.

And now we're both fighting off a spring cold. I'm hoping the swelling in my sinuses and ears will go down; we have 80+ people snowshoeing with us on Tuesday. I have to be healthy. I don't have a choice!

No comments:

Post a Comment