Monday, January 11, 2010

LOST

  • 1 internal organ
  • 6 pounds


It's just a little thing, but I'm hoping the change is here for good. I haven't changed my diet a whole lot, except that I've nearly cut out all red meats - including pork products - from my diet. I did splurge a couple of weeks back and make some chili. But I made it with equal parts hamburger and red kidney beans. Beans I can have.

My dad has told people for years that I'm a vegetarian. He somehow links that to my love of the great outdoors. Well, dad would be disappointed in me terribly when he finally has to come to grips with the fact that his stongly-held stereotype doesn't hold water.

I had chicken with my rice last night for dinner. Gasp.

Admittedly, I've always been one to choose a salad over a steak. But with the way my stomach feels after eating a steak, why would I NOT choose the salad instead?!

Now I just have a 'legitimate' excuse (in his eyes, of course) to eat as I have been eating, with a few slight modifications. A new food discovery for me: I have decided that the rice mixes from Trader Joe's are some of my favorite dishes. And I do a lot more beans these days.

Sadly, I have yet to be able to give up chocolate and coffee. But exercising is getting easier and more frequent. I get to the fitness center at park HQ 3-4 times a week for 25 minutes at a time. Small steps.

As a side note, after reading MountainMama's Green Smoothie notes this morning, I think I'll stick to salads and avoid the smoothies. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment